1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? No, to say the least. Our best laid plans went the way of the broken condom. It’s funny how you swing so hard from trying not to be pregnant, to trying so hard to stay pregnant, in that moment you find out you ARE pregnant.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? No, and I’m perfectly comfortable with that. A child who’s parents are unhappily married has less security than a child who’s parents are happily unmarried, so I feel no pressure to get married to anyone at any time until I know it’s precisely what I want. I would never want my child to settle for less than the perfect spouse and the perfect timing, and the best way to teach that is to live it.
I’m so grateful to live in a day and country when/where I have all these options.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I felt everything at once (including cold in that drafty hospital robe), and burst into tears while Aurora hugged me tight.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? I’m so grateful to have the support and love and health insurance and health and partner that made it an option I didn’t feel I had to consider.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 27
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
That’s a lengthy one, and I’ll save it for another post.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Aurora was there when I found out, and then I told Brady the next morning.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I’m dying to know. I want to know now. Or five minutes ago. Please guess. I love guesses. Most people are guessing boy, I keep picturing a little girl, most likely because I keep looking at little girl clothes. Maybe I’ll have a little drag queen.
9. DUE DATE? August 16th. A Leo, and an Earth Ox in the Chinese calender, I’ve been informed. It’s a very crowded birth month in both mine and Brady’s family.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? In two short, vicious bursts. In between that, almost nothing. I feel like I’m cheating.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nachos, cereal, sex, peaches, mashed potatoes, and fruit juice. I can’t get enough fruit juice.
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Our scary economy. Can we fix that now, please? Kthanx.